[Samba] Logon scripts

Joachim Kieferle joakie at fab.fh-wiesbaden.de
Mon Aug 29 16:45:54 GMT 2005

Edson Capitani wrote:

>Hi list!
>

>Need your advice!
>

>Im looking for a way to do this:
>

>I have one SAMBA+LDAP+DNS+DHCP (DC) server running fine in a debian box, my
>problem now is that a need to have 2 different logon scripts, one is a
>specific user  only, let's say user1 when this user login in winxp client
>machine the server send to it a script loginA.cmd, and when all user of
>group "Domain Users" logs in  the server users a loginB.cmd
>

>Later a can use this for admin specific scripts or for  "Domain Admins"
>group,  but for now those 2 thing are more important.
>

>Thankyou all in advance

Hi Edson,

if I get you right you are talking about a logon script on the
CLIENT-side (Windows XP)?

We use KIXTART (http://www.kixtart.org) that gives you all necessary
flexibility (we do e.g. also connect printers for users according to
their group membership, machine they log on, etc.).

Best

Joachim