[Samba] Avoiding the desktop.ini notepad popup on startup, and other hidden files.

Rick Baker 20rjbaker04 at cox.net
Sun Aug 28 18:08:32 GMT 2005

Andrew,

Upon searching the internet on how to remove the "desktop.ini - Notepad"
window upon start up, I came across your reply to Samuel Partida about
using:

hidefiles = /desktop.ini/ntuser.ini/NTUSER.*/

However, I am a neophyte home user, using Windows XP Professional.  I have
no idea why this notepad screen started popping up upon start up.  It just
started.  It is irritating as all get out.  I don't think I am using NT on
my home system, as your insert would imply.

Can I use this line to solve my problem at home?

And, the big question is, Where do I insert this line?

Many, many thanks in advance if you can help me!

Rick Baker
Herndon