[Samba] Re: net rpc rights command

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sat Aug 27 11:14:09 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

  > Sorry Michael.  You are wrong here.
>
> Prior to 3.0.11, just placing 'printer admin = +ntadmin' in [global]
> was enough.  >= 3.0.11 you just assign the SePrintOperatorPrivilege
> to a group.
>
> 'root' has never been 100% necessary for print management.

OK, thought about this a while, is this maybe why I got bit back then...

admin users = @domadmin
printer admin = @domadmin
invalid users = root

The first line would have inferred an account is root, but root was defined as invalid. Now with the privileges I no longer use "admin users" and due to the previous trouble, have not tried making
root an invalid user again.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems