[Samba] smbclient & NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 22:47:17 GMT 2005

I'm running smbclient 3.0.14a-Debian.  I'm trying to view shares on a
Windows server on a Active Directory domain:

  $ smbclient //fileserver/
  Password:
  session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I'm pretty sure the username and password is correct since it works
when I use a Windows client to connect to the fileserver.  What does
the NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE mean in this context?  Is there something
obvious I'm missing?  I apologize if there isn't enough detail.
Thanks for any tips.
--
Jiann-Ming Su