[Samba] Uploading printer drivers to Samba from XP SP2

Jean-François Rouanet Jean-Francois.Rouanet at bordeaux.inserm.fr
Fri Aug 26 17:52:50 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I am using samba 3.0.14-2a on Fedora core 4. Uploading printer drivers from
win2k works perfectly but with the same server and a windows XP-SP2 workstation,
I can't upload the driver, the "new driver" button on the "advanced" tab of the
"printer properties" is always greyed. Since it's OK with win2k, I suppose than
XP SP2 is the problem. Is there an option in XP to activate the "new driver"
button ( of course I have the option "use client driver = No" in smb.conf ).

Best regards.
JF.

--
ROUANET Jean-Francois
Responsable Regional Informatique INSERM AQUITAINE

INSERM ADR 9, Institut Francois Magendie
Rue Léo Saignat
33077   BORDEAUX CEDEX - FRANCE
Tel.:	05 57 57 36 50
Mobile: 06 87 83 64 12