[Samba] Samba clients fail after reboot

Leen Toelen toelen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:14:22 GMT 2005

Hi all,

since three weeks ago, whenever one of our Linux client gets rebooted,
it can't get access to a W2K domain anymore. Everything is working,
nothing is changed in the configs, the Linux machines are simply
rebooted. Does anyone know whether tehre is a security update or so on
w2K that causes this? Another strange thing is that once in a while
for an unknown reason loggin in to the linux box works again and 10
minutes later it stops without touching the box.

On the domain controller I get in the event viewer:
The session setup from the computer LNXSRV failed to authenticate. The
name of the account referenced in the security database is LNXSRV$.
The following error occurred:
Access is denied.

On the linux side I get:

# wbinfo --sequence
PEAK4S : 1
BUILTIN : 1
PEAKADILLY : DISCONNECTED

# wbinfo -D PEAKADILLY
Name              : PEAKADILLY
Alt_Name          : PEAKADILLY.LOCAL
SID               : S-1-5-21-725345543-813497703-839522115
Active Directory  : Yes
Native            : No
Primary           : Yes
Sequence          : -1