[Samba] net ads join error

Theodore Jencks tjencks at navis.com
Fri Aug 26 16:45:28 GMT 2005

Compiling version 3.0.20 from source on RedHat Fedora Core 4 everything
seems to go smoothly.  However upon trying to join a 2000 domain with
the following command "net ads join -U Administrator%Password 'OU'"  I
get the following error:

[2005/08/26 09:43:56, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(191)

  ads_connect: No such file or directory

I have checked my smb.conf file with the testparm utility and Kerberos
seems to be working fine using kinit.  Does anyone have any info on this
error or how to workaround/fix the problem.

Best regards,

Theo

===

Theodore A. Jencks

Network Systems Administrator

1000 Broadway, Suite 150

Oakland, CA 94607

Phone: (510) 267.5152

Fax:    (510) 267.5100

Email:  tjencks at navis.com

http://www.navis.com <http://www.navis.com/>

This e-mail message and any files attached to it are intended only for
the recipients named above, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not an intended recipient, or
the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to an
intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, copying,
distributing, disclosing or otherwise using  this communication.  Please
immediately notify the sender, either by replying to this message or by
telephoning (+1 510 267 5000), and delete all copies of this message
from your system.