[Samba] Samba PDC logon without connexion

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Fri Aug 26 08:54:02 GMT 2005

Ronan LANORE schrieb:
> Hi,
>

> We have a Samba 3.0.14 PDC,
>

> when a client Win XP SP2 open session without LAN connexion the user CAN log
> into domain, why ? and how manipulate this features ?
>

> I think that client use their own SAM database, is it right ?

It is stored somewhere in the Windows registry - Windows caches passwords.
I don't remember where it was, try googling for something like "cached
logon" etc.

By default, you can logon 10 times without a network connection.
You can set it up to 50, or set to 0 if you don't like it.

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org