[Samba] Can't mount Solaris share from XP Home

Matthew Gork matt.gork at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 26 00:17:53 GMT 2005

I have Samba 3.0 successfully running on a Sun Ultra with Solaris 10 OS.

I can see the Windows shares and get files from them by using smbclient.

However, I cannot successfully use "Map Network Drive" on the Windows XP side to mount the Solaris share.

When I try:

net use Z: \\pam80\share /USER:matt

and then enter the password for user matt it returns -

System error 1326 has occured
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password

I have run smbpasswd -a matt and smbpasswd -e matt. The windows account is also logged on as matt. All accounts have the same password. Any idea why it won't authenticate going from Windows to Solaris?

-Matt