[Samba] Re: net rpc rights command

Andreas Bauer andreas_bauer at arcor.de
Thu Aug 25 21:38:08 GMT 2005

Jerome Tournier a ecrit:
> try "enable" instead of "enables".
Hello,
thanks a lot, now testparm is running without a fault.
But there is following error running the net rpc command:
amd:~ # net rpc rights grant testuser10 SeMachineAccountPrivilege
Password:
Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1
The username or password was not correct.

But I can logon in my Domain with testuser10 with a XP CLient and I can join
Windows Workstation to the Domain with the password of Administrator, who is
a member of the Domain Admin Group and be requested at net rpc
rights.........?
The testuser10 is existing and a member of the Domain users group.
Perhaps a problem with ACL rights?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Andreas