[Samba] What does this error message mean?

Bahya NASSR EDDINE bahya_nassr at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 25 11:37:52 GMT 2005

Hi,

Please, what does this message mean: "getpeername
failed. Error was Transport endpoint
is not connected"?

I get the following in my log.smbd file each time I
try to log to my samba domain from a Windows XP
client:

  [2005/08/24 09:49:09, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:get_peer_addr(1150)
    getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint
is not connected
  [2005/08/24 09:49:09, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(430)
    write_socket_data: write failure. Error =
Connection reset by peer
  [2005/08/24 09:49:09, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket(455)
    write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to socket 25:
 ERRNO = Connection reset by peer
  [2005/08/24 09:49:09, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:send_smb(647)
    Error writing 4 bytes to client. -1. (Connection
reset by peer)

Thanks