[Samba] WinXP SP2 machines disappear from the workgroup controlled by Samba

Aiko Barz aiko at haeckser.de
Thu Aug 25 10:14:57 GMT 2005

Hi guys,

I'm not on the samba list, so please CC me. The above subject has
aready been posted to list, but without an answer so far:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2004-October/094102.html

I'm facing the same problems right now. I tried a lot of things, but
nothing worked. There are only two differences in my setup. The samba
server is acting as a PDC for the Win98SE computers. The WinXP
machines just join the workgroup. And I have a working WINS.

So, everything works, except the fact, that the WinXP machines
disappear after ~30 minutes.

Bye,
    Aiko

--