[Samba] Joining a samba 3.0 domain with win2003 Server

john dooley gpcglist at ontheparkgp.com
Wed Aug 24 11:41:12 GMT 2005

yitzhak bar geva wrote:
> I run a Samba PDC under Linux with Windows 2003 domain
> member connected as a client with Terminal Services.
> The message I get at login when trying to open a
> remote Windows Terminal sesion is:
> "The local policy of this system does not permit you
> to logon interactively".
> Any advice?
> Thanks,
> Yitzhak Bar Geva

hello Yitzhak

iirc you need to add users via the group policy editor/windows
settings/security settings/local policy/user rights/allow logon through
terminal services --------->and add users or groups

i just made a group domainTS under the active directory domain and then
added users to that group.

then I added that group as per the above method.

it seems to work for me but i am no guru

regards
JD

-----
struggling with samba by example...