[Samba] Samba3.0.20 binarys won't start on AIX5.3

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Tue Aug 23 11:23:42 GMT 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Mikael Ganhammar wrote:

> Hi,
> I have sucessfully compiled Samba3.0.20 on AIX5.3 with gcc3.3.2, but I get
> the following error when trying to start smbd and nmbd on AIX5.3.

It was compiled --with-aio-support=yes

Make sure you have bos.rte.aio installed:

$ lslpp -l bos.rte.aio

and then

$ smitty posixaio

and configure the defined posix_aio0

to verify:

$ lsattr -El posix_aio0

should yield:

autoconfig available STATE to be configured at system restart True
fastpath   enable    State of fast path                       True
kprocprio  39        Server PRIORITY                          True
maxreqs    4096      Maximum number of REQUESTS               True
maxservers 10        MAXIMUM number of servers per cpu        True
minservers 1         MINIMUM number of servers                True

Note autoconfig == available. if autoconfig == Defined goto smitty :-)

Cheers,

Bill