[Samba] Possible change to group behaviour from 3.0.14a-> 3.0.20?

Tom Crummey tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 23 07:19:33 GMT 2005

Hello,

I may be missing something, but it seems that there has been a change
between 3.0.14a and 3.0.20 which means that a user's primary UNIX group
HAS to be mapped to a valid NT group (i.e. the primary UNIX group in the
LDAP DB has to have the sambagroupmapping attribute and a SID). Can
anyone confirm this as a new requirement or am I being a bit stupid?

I'm using an LDAP backend with no IDmap or winbind.

--
Tom.

 Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager,   EMAIL: tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
 Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
 University College London,                  TEL: +44 (0)20 7679 3898
 Torrington Place,                           FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9325
 London, UK, WC1E 7JE.