[Samba] Adding machine accounts with Ghost

Romeyn Prescott prescor at digirom.potsdam.edu
Mon Aug 22 21:50:27 GMT 2005

Greetings.

Please reference:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-ntdom/2001-September/019783.html

That list is listed as "inactive" on the samba site, so I'm following up here.

Does anyone know if this functionality was ever achieved?  We just
replaced out NT4 PDC with samba and I'm facing this exact problem.  I
do not relish the thought of having to "touch" every PC after
Ghosting, nor do I care for the idea of having to muck around with
SysPrep, which seems like so much voodoo and without which I have
lived happily until now.

I'm using Symantec Ghost Console 8.2.  Clients are XP Pro SP2.

Thanks,
...ROMeyn
--
signat-url: http://www2.potsdam.edu/prescor/signat-url.htm