[Samba] Something Strange in NET Mapping Going On Here.

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Mon Aug 22 20:50:20 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I was poking around on my Windows mapping and was able to map a network
drive like:

C:> net use P: \\172.16.0.1\lonnie

The Samba logs on my server say "....connected to resource lonnie as
user lonnie....."

This seemed to be normal as I seem to remember logging in at one time
long ago.

The strange thing is that I just tried:

C:> net use P: \\172.16.0.1\luke

This actually connected and mapped a network drive to this account wich
belongs to another one of our developers and the Samba logs say
"....connected to resource luke as user lonnie....."

Based upon my understanding I should NOT be able to map into someone
elses home directory, right?

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Lonnie