[Samba] filtering user files

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Mon Aug 22 18:56:52 GMT 2005

Yes, I was looking over my setup on my Fedora 3 ext3 FS and think that
for Samba to now show the "dot" file would be good even though it had
been suggested that we just map the user into a lower directory.

I think that the "hide dot files" directive should actually prevent the
user from seeing or interacting with these file in their account.

Additionally, I still cannot figure out how to have Samba (or the
windows side perhaps) popup as user login & password window when I run a
local machine batch file like:

C:> NET USER * \\172.16.0.1

You see when the VPN has completed making the connection then we will
execute this command so that the user can login to their account and as
we do not know the username ahead of time on the Windows machine then we
cannot really run a net command like:

C:> NET USER * \\172.16.0.1\lonnie

Any ideas on this as well?

Thanks,