[Samba] MySQL/Postgres pdb: cannot add new users

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Aug 22 18:20:06 GMT 2005

Hi Jerry, Florian,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 07:37:11AM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote about 'Re: [Samba] MySQL/Postgres pdb: cannot add new users':
> Florian Effenberger wrote:
> | In 3.0.14a it was possible to copy pdb_sql.c and
> | pdb_mysql.c from 3.0.11 and it worked, but this workaround
> | does not help anymore, as the files seem to be incompatible.
> |
> | Jelmer, could you please have a look at this one? I
> | consider this being very important. I can help you
> | debug and test this, but as I am not a programmer,
> | I need your help to get it fixed.
> |
> | If everyone else has an idea on how to fix that, please
> | let me know and I'll test it!
> Jelmer,

> At the CIFS conference you indicated that you would like
> to transition the pdb_mysql module to another owner.
> You still feel like that?  If so, I'll start looking for
> a new maintainer.
Well, I'd be happy to keep maintaining it (just keeping it working),
but if there's somebody stepping up who's willing to take over, that'd
probably be better. I no longer have a production
system that uses pdb_mysql so my testing is pretty ad-hoc.

I'll have a look at the 3.0.20 bugs later this week (most likely on
wednesday).

Cheers,

Jelmer

--