[Samba] wbinfo -t not working on BDC

Ian Clancy clancyian at cel.ie
Mon Aug 22 17:14:17 GMT 2005

All,
An update on the following problem below. I've updated to 3.0.20 today
and the problem remains. I think my problem lies with the
NetrServerAuthenticate2 call that the BDC makes to the PDC. The bdc
seems to be attempting to authenticate to the pdc using the account
<mydomainname>$ instead of <mybdcname>? . The account <domainname>$ does
not exist of course.

Another thing i noticed is that it takes two attempts to join the
domain. The first attempt returns "Creation of workstation account failed
". At the second attempt "Joined domain DOMAINNAME." is returned.

Does anybody know where i can find more info about the
NetrServerAuthenticate2 protocol ?.
regards,
Ian