[Samba] Is anyone successfully using Solaris 8/Samba 3.0.x w/ads and OpenLDAP > 2.1.22?

Eric Boehm boehm at nortel.com
Fri Aug 19 19:14:53 GMT 2005

Has anyone had success getting OpenLDAP > 2.1.22 to work with Samba
and ADS.

I can get 2.1.22 to work with Samba 3.0.x. If I try a newer version,
it barfs when it calls ldap_set_option in function ads_do_search.

I've tried with 3.0.14a and 3.0.20pre2.

They changed how OpenLDAP interacts with Kerberos after 2.1.23. I did
exchange some emails with the OpenLDAP developers. It wasn't much help
-- they said that Kerberos access should go through Cyrus SASL.

I have looked at

http://samba.org/~jht/Notes/Samba-Install-Solaris9.txt

But that refers to openldap-2.1.23.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm at nortel.com               \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail