[Samba] Samba and netgroups in LDAP

Tom Crummey tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 19 13:19:50 GMT 2005

Hello,

Has anyone got netgroups working with Samba 3.0.14a where the netgroups
are stored in the LDAP directory? I'm using Solaris 9 and SUN's
directory server v5.2.

What I'm seeing is that samba goes through the motions of looking up a
host in a netgroup, but no query is seen by the LDAP server or on the
network and the host is never found in the netgroup.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Tom.

 Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager,   EMAIL: tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
 Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
 University College London,                  TEL: +44 (0)20 7679 3898
 Torrington Place,                           FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9325
 London, UK, WC1E 7JE.