[Samba] directory content refresh issues

Paul Postin paul.postin at freecom.net
Fri Aug 19 12:05:33 GMT 2005

Hi All,

Im down to the last issue in my samba install. I have an ftp server that
supports many webservers via mapped network drives. in this instance the
drive is to a samba share. The only problem i have is that it takes quite a
while for the contents to show.

i.e. if you create a directory and refresh it in your ftp client it
disappears. if you then keep refreshing to window after several seconds it
will re-appear. The sam if u upload a file..it immediately disappears, then
if you keep refreshing the window will reappear after several seconds.

This does not happen when accessing the share vi windows explorer....nor
does it happen when connecting via ftp to any of the drives mapped to shares
on windows boxes. I have turned off all caching in the ftp client and the
ftp server just in case.

Please help, it's my final issue!

Paul :)