[Samba] winbind problems

Paul Simpson paul at maggiandpaul.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 09:03:13 GMT 2005

I', having the same problem!!!

> Does anyone know if there are issues using winbind 3.0.14a to
> communicate with a 2.2.3a samba build?

In my case, it's entirely Samba 3.0.14a.

> I've setup winbind using all the documentation on the site but all I get
> are the following results:
>
> # wbinfo -u
> Error looking up domain users
>
> # wbinfo -g
> BUILTIN+system operators
> BUILTIN+replicators
> BUILTIN+guests
> BUILTIN+power users
> BUILTIN+print operators
> BUILTIN+administrators
> BUILTIN+account operators
> BUILTIN+backup operators
> BUILTIN+users

Yes, all that too. I'm running a single SAMBA server with no Windoze
servers at all. (Samba as pdc). I've run into this whilst trying to get
Squid to do NTLM authentication.

> Getting that head + brickwall = pain feeling, any help anyone can give
> would be appreciated.

I'm completely with you on this one. Looks like either:-

1) we have both managed to mis-compile winbindd

or

2) There's an "issue" with this version of winbindd.

HELP!!!

Paul