[Samba] NETLOGON Auth

Matt Vlasach mattv at pacificswell.com
Fri Aug 19 00:45:42 GMT 2005

Ok. Simple questions:  What is NETLOGON in respect to Samba
authentication?  Further, what is NET_AUTH2 and NET_SAMLOGON which
are RPCs of NETLOGON?  Finally, how can I make the system try
NET_SAMLOGON before NET_AUTH2?

I am getting significant login delays b/c samba hangs with NET_AUTH2
as the RPC, but works immediately with the NET_SAMLOGON protocol
after about a 20 second wait for the user.

Thanks!

____________________
Matt Vlasach
Owner / Operator
Pacific Swell Networks, Inc.
http://www.pacificswell.com

Contact:
email  : mattv at pacificswell.com
cell : 310.529.9165
fax : 877.531.6463

DIGITALLY SIGNED EMAIL:  This email has been digitally signed to
guarantee it has originated from the actual sender.  The attachment
"smime.p7s" contains this verification information, and is readable
by newer versions of mail clients.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message is intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential, privileged information. If you are not the
intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose any information
contained in the message. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.