[Samba] Accent problem

Linda Walsh samba at lists.samba.org
Thu Aug 18 16:08:43 GMT 2005

use "UTF-8" on your samba server (delete both the unix and display
charset).  Might check to see that your server is setup in UTF-8
as well, but I think this is the default in SuSE these days.
(see /etc/sysconfig/language and related variables and manpages).

That should pass through file-name support that will have the files looking
the same on your linux box and windows box...

Linda