[Samba] pdbedit frustrations

Lonnie lonnie at outstep.com
Thu Aug 18 23:44:30 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I have been trying very hard to get a handle on the "pdbedit"
application but it appears that when I try to create a new user, that it
does not add in the "username" and "nt_username" fields although it will
add in stuff like the "home_dir", "fullname", and even generate the
"nt_pw" and "lm_pw" from the command line entries.

I was testing with:

pdbedit -u "lonnie" -f "lonnie cumberland" -h "/home/lonnie" -a

Does anyone know what is happening here and why it will not create a new
user?

--
Cheers,

Lonnie Cumberland