[Samba] Users Domain Authentication doesn´t work

Sérgio A P Ferreira sergio.ferreira at minc.gov.br
Thu Aug 18 20:44:28 GMT 2005

Hi,
I´m using DEBIAN Sarge, LDAP 2.2.23-8, SAMBA  3.0.14a-3, LIBPAM-LDAP 178-1
and LIBNSS-LDAP 238-1
I´m trying to use SAMBA with LDAP and I misleading my self with the
authentication configuration files. I´m using IDEALX scripts template. I can
add an account machine in LDAP through SAMBA, but I can´t authenticate and
add users to my domain through SAMBA. My LDAP files seems to be ok because
if I get straight access to LDAP base I can do whatever I want.

My SAMBA SERVER  created a SAMBA domain into LDAP base by Its own. I think
he has a connection with LDAP but a partial one.

I´m putting some errors messages that I found to my self.

Server# smbclient -L //10.1.1.1
Connection to 10.1.1.1 failed

Server# net getlocalsid
[2005/08/18 17:15:03, 0] lib/smbldap.c:smbldap_search_domain_info(1413)
  Adding domain info for CULTURA failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
SID for domain SERVER is: S-1-5-21-969076039-2928544937-2279580746

I have two users inside my LDAP created by smbldap-populate, but when I use
getent command (passwd), It don´t show me this users.
I have no much experience with SAMBA, If somebody could help me break
through this.

Since now, thank you.

Sergio Ferreira