[Samba] winbind problems

Martin Clapson martin.clapson at ideaworks3d.com
Thu Aug 18 17:32:14 GMT 2005

Hello,

Does anyone know if there are issues using winbind 3.0.14a to
communicate with a 2.2.3a samba build?

I've setup winbind using all the documentation on the site but all I get
are the following results:

# wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users

# wbinfo -g
BUILTIN+system operators
BUILTIN+replicators
BUILTIN+guests
BUILTIN+power users
BUILTIN+print operators
BUILTIN+administrators
BUILTIN+account operators
BUILTIN+backup operators
BUILTIN+users

# wbinfo -t
checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
error code was NT_STATUS_PIPE_NOT_AVAILABLE (0xc00000ac)
Could not check secret

'wbinfo -m' lists the BUILTIN domain and the local machine domain but
not the domain the machine is a member of, I've checked the domain
membership using 'net rpc testjoin' which reports everything is ok and I
can enumerate the user list using the 'enumdomusers' command connecting
with rpcclient and using the same user/password as winbind is configured
with.

smb.conf:
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = XXXXX
        server string = %h server (Samba)
        security = DOMAIN
        obey pam restrictions = Yes
        password server = xxxxxxxxxx
        syslog = 0
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        name resolve order = host wins dns
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        winbind separator = +
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        invalid users = root

Getting that head + brickwall = pain feeling, any help anyone can give
would be appreciated.

Cheers,

--
Martin Clapson