[Samba] 3.0.20rc2 infinite dir loop

Steve Williams steve at celineandsteve.com
Thu Aug 18 15:05:38 GMT 2005

William Jojo wrote:

>We have Win98 DOS (4.11.2222) clients that exhibit behaviors thought to
>have been corrected. They are running the MS-CLIENT redirector.
>
>3.0.11 will do a directory listing correctly and show all entries in upper
>case.
>
>3.0.14a gets stuck in a dir loop with the client and displays non-mangled
>names in lower case.
>
>3.0.20rc2 gets stuck in a dir loop with the client and displays all
>entries in upper case.
>

>I have log level 10 from both 3.0.11 and 3.0.20rc2. I can't see the error
>in protocol, I'm not that versed in the error and I know you want to
>release.
>
>I can send the log off-list, who would like it? :-)
>

>We are also tracking another issue w.r.t. Ghost creating 8.3 names that
>are all upper case regardless of state of 'short preserve case' and
>'default case'.
>

>Cheers,
>

>Bill

Hi,

This is exactly the same problem that I am having.   Search the mail
list for a subject of:

BUG: samba-3.0.14a & samba-3.0.20pre2 endless loop AIX 5.3 (jfs2) & Win98

Just yesterday I was communicating with Jeremy & Gerald.  Last night I
opened a Bugzilla for this per their directions.  Maybe you can attach
your stuff to my Bugzilla entry # 3010.

https://bugzilla.samba.org/

Cheers,
Steve