[Samba] 3.0.20rc2 infinite dir loop

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Thu Aug 18 13:40:55 GMT 2005

We have Win98 DOS (4.11.2222) clients that exhibit behaviors thought to
have been corrected. They are running the MS-CLIENT redirector.

3.0.11 will do a directory listing correctly and show all entries in upper
case.

3.0.14a gets stuck in a dir loop with the client and displays non-mangled
names in lower case.

3.0.20rc2 gets stuck in a dir loop with the client and displays all
entries in upper case.

I have log level 10 from both 3.0.11 and 3.0.20rc2. I can't see the error
in protocol, I'm not that versed in the error and I know you want to
release.

I can send the log off-list, who would like it? :-)

We are also tracking another issue w.r.t. Ghost creating 8.3 names that
are all upper case regardless of state of 'short preserve case' and
'default case'.

Cheers,

Bill