[Samba] Re: Creating directories before resource connect

Rashid N. Achilov shelton at granch.ru
Thu Aug 18 06:20:46 GMT 2005

On Thursday 18 August 2005 12:11, Michal Kurowski wrote:
> Rashid N. Achilov [shelton at granch.ru] wrote:
> > When I have fileserver with many users homedirs (but all users from AD
through
> > winbind), how can I autocreate /usr/home/blabla, when I have just create
user
> > blabla in AD? Samba required existed directory to connect to resource,
> > preexec= starts only after succesful connection. I'd like to automate
process
> > - when I have just create user blabla, when it connect first time to their
> > homedir at fileserver, their homedir will autocreate. How can I do it?
>
> It's been discussed recently in here. See these threads:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106507.html
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2005-June/106954.html

It shouldn't work and doesn't work. Resource path is (i.e.) /usr/home/blabla.
User blabla already exist in domain and can login from any w/s. But
path /usr/home/blabla still does NOT exist. And Samba catch an error, when
try to connect to this resource

cd: can't cd to /usr/home/blabla
[2005/08/18 13:07:28, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(633)
  '/usr/home/blabla' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to
[blabla]

root preexec= is a good parameter, it covers a small trouble, but doesn't
cover big - I should check domain users through wbinfo -u, parse list and
check presence /usr/home/<username> for each user from domain. It leads to
presence a big, big bunch of empty directories in /usr/home and I need to
start script or restart Samba each time, when new user will created.

Is there any parameters, which setup to autocreate resourse directory, when it
missed BEFORE try to connect to it?
--
   With Best Regards.
   Rashid N. Achilov (RNA1-RIPE), Web: http://granch.ru/~shelton