[Samba] BUG: samba-3.0.14a & samba-3.0.20pre2 endless loop AIX 5.3 (jfs2) & Win98

Steve Williams steve at celineandsteve.com
Wed Aug 17 22:06:07 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

Hi,

My "gut feeling" is that it is related to jfs2.  No concrete proof
though.  This is the ONLY problem we encountered with the entire
upgrade, and the only thing that we did "radically" different was use
jfs2 rather than JFS.  The advantage we saw was that JFS2 can "shrink"
the filesystems, which can be nice in a year or two when requirements
change.

Did you do testing on AIX?  I was not aware that I could get an "ext3"
fs on AIX.  If you are interested in persuing this further, I will try
to set things up to do some troubleshooting...  I am remote to the
location & will need to have someone work with me.. not a big deal, they
have a good summer student... but does need some coordination.

Thanks,
Steve.