[Samba] Re: Windows offline files synchronization failure for mounted Samba drive.

PC pchesnut at cox.net
Wed Aug 17 20:50:24 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter <jerry <at> samba.org> writes:

> PC wrote:
>
> > Windows offline files synchronization fails for mounted
> > Samba drive unless files are "owned" by the
> > user performing the synchronization.
>
> What Samba version?  Does 'dos filemode = yes' help?
>
> cheers, jerry
> Alleviating the pain of Windows(tm)      ------- http://www.samba.org
> GnuPG Key                ----- http://www.plainjoe.org/gpg_public.asc
> "I never saved anything for the swim back."     Ethan Hawk in Gattaca

Jerry,

This problem occurs on Samba 3.0.14a running on Redhat ES4 from installed RH9
rpm packages.

Added 'dos filemode = yes' to the share in smb.conf; same error.

Thanks for your time.  Let me know if there is anything else I can check out.
The “force user = username” option is a limited work around but we would like
to find a better solution.

Pat