[Samba] Profiles 'problem'

felipe at neuwald.biz felipe at neuwald.biz
Wed Aug 17 18:30:21 GMT 2005

Hello,

I use samba-3.0.14a_1,1 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE. Everything is running perfectly.

Today, the profile of my users are stored on the file server. For example:

John logon on the Windows 2000 Professional workstation called machine01. It's
the first logon of John on this machine, but him already have a profile stored
on the file server. When John logon to machine01, the profile of John are
downloaded from file server to machine01. Desktop, My Documents, Documents and
Settings and all other stuff of John are now in machine01, and John can access
all him stuffs on machine01. That's the problem.

I don't want John download (and upload to the file server too) all him stuff,
only the following directories:

a) c:\documents and settings\john\application data\mozilla;
b) c:\documents and settings\john\application data\thunderbird;

Does anybody knows how to do it?

Here, my smb.conf:

su-2.05b# cat /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
[global]
        netbios name = FILESERVER
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        server string = My FILESERVER
        passdb backend = smbpasswd
        os level = 255
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes
        local master = yes
        security = user
        domain logons = yes
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\homeserver\%U\winprofile
        admin users = neuwald
        time server = yes
        logon script = %u.bat
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/pw useradd -g machines -s /usr/bin/false
-d /dev/null -n %u
        display charset = iso8859-1
        log level = 20
[netlogon]