[Samba] error with rd /s in windows 2000 shell

Thomas Sondag thomas at microdop.org
Wed Aug 17 16:12:48 GMT 2005

Gerald (Jerry) Carter a écrit :

> Thomas Sondag wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
>
> >We are running a samba (3.0.14a-3 / sarge) server with windows 2000
> >Client. (recent remplacement of a NT server)
>
> >The problem his that when I try to recursivly remove a folder on
> >a samba share with "rd /s" on the windows shell, the command
> >return an error and stop deletting subfile when the number of
> >subfile exceed (exactly) 130. At the end of the command only
> >130 are deleted and not the full directory.
>
> >That's very important for me because some of ours developers
> >use this command in a lot of shell script.
>
> >Should I increase some mysterious smb.conf paramater or
> >something else ?
>

> Could you test out the current SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE tree.
> We're getting ready to ship 3.0.20 and as far as I know
> directory listings and removal is working ok.   The changes
> between 3.0.14a and 3.0.20 are pretty substancial though
> so I can't point to a specific patch you could apply.

So I build a freshly svn checkout of the SAMBA_3_0_RELEASE tree with the
/debian directory package source files of the current (sarge /
3.0.14a-3) version (with lot of hunk problems with the debian patch)

That doesn't solve the problem.

This a reproductible bug, I try it with different win2000 stations and
sarge/samba servers.

I'll try to rebuild the samba debian package without the debian patch,
but I'm not sure to have the time to do it before this week end.

Thank's for your help

       Thomas