[Samba] Re: Getting Winbind IDMAP into LDAP?

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue Aug 16 14:42:18 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 03:35, Gibbs, Simon wrote:
> Hi Gints,
>
> Changing nsswitch.conf from:
>
> passwd:     files ldap
> group:      files ldap
> passwd:     files winbind
> group:      files winbind
>
> did the trick. Running getent passwd/group began populating LDAP and I can
> search all the records using ldapsearch and slapcat.

Correct - the use of LDAP to store the IDMAP data requires winbind support
through NSS.

> Would this be an error in the documentation as (unless I was reading the
> wrong section) it uses the ldap entries in it's example?

The documentation may not be clear enough. Please help me to fix this.

What section (section number - not page number) and in which book?

Have you used the on-line version? Or do you have a printed copy?

Cheers,
John T.