[Samba] Re: Home directories on AD/Samba

gints neimanis gints at venta.lv
Tue Aug 16 10:53:18 GMT 2005

Hi Kalin,

Do you have "template homedir = " string in smb.conf ?

If you whish to automaticaly create the home dir, then you may use the
pam_mkhomdir (and add "obey pam restrictions = yes" to smb.conf)

AND: If the SAMBA authenticates over Active Directory, then you don't
need to add domain users to linux passwd database !!!

Can you post your smb.conf file?

Gints Neimanis