[Samba] automount problem [solved]

Tue Aug 16 11:34:41 GMT 2005

Found the reason why I cannot umount the share after accessing it.
Maybe it is interessting for someone out there.
On my Client runs Samba which shares /export
In that folder there are some other subfolders.
One is a folder which is controlled by automount (/export/usbstick)
To access the Stick I have to access /export/usbstick/usbstick (the
second one is the key, specified in auto.master).
This all happens localy - so far no problem.

Now comes Samba into play.
On a remote session I mount the share into /media
Now I have /media/usbstick
The key "usbstick" is invisible, BUT samba seems to interpret the key
and gives them a random name (for my stick it is allways the same).
So Konquerer shows me /media/usbstick/_2X68P~X (which is the same as
/media/usbstick/usbstick).
Accessing that folder is no problem. When I browse the second time to
the folder /media/usbstick, konquerer shows me sometimes "usbstick" too.
Accessing now /media/usbstick/usbstick is also no problem.

BUT, accessing the first time /media/usbstick/usbstick with a direct
link brings the problem with umount as described above.
Seems a problem with automount in association with smb.

My solution at the moment is to access the stick by browsing its
location - not accessing it with a direct link.

Jan