[Samba] samba and ip

Scott Mayo sgmayo at mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us
Tue Aug 16 00:16:35 GMT 2005

I have a Samba and LDAP network setup.  I needed to change the IP
address of my Samba server.  I changed the address from 10.0.0.51 to
10.0.0.50.  I just edited the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg_eth0.
  Now I cannot get any XP machines to join the domain.  The machine name
is already in the database.  I made sure my /etc/hosts file did not
correspond to the old ip.  I can still logon with machines that had been
added previously, just not add a new one.  If I change the IP back to
10.0.0.51, then everything functions correctly.  Anything else that I
should look for?
Thanks.
--
Scott Mayo
Technology Coordinator

Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side and a dark side and it
holds the universe together.