[Samba] RPM SPEC rebuild errors

Josh Kelley josh at jbc.edu
Mon Aug 15 18:42:54 GMT 2005

Lonnie wrote:

> Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
> /var/tmp/samba-3.0.10-root
> error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so
>

> RPM build errors:
>    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>   /usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so
>
> This /usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so does not exist and if I understnd
> this error then it is saying that it keeps finding it.
>
> Can someone please tell me what is happening here?

RPM builds a tree of files that will go in the final package under a
temporary directory ($RPM_BUILD_ROOT, identified as
/var/tmp/samba-3.0.10-root above).  It builds/compiles the package, then
"installs" it to this temporary directory, then packages it up according
to the instructions in your %files section.  The above error means that
/usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so was installed to this temporary directory
(as /var/tmp/samba-3.0.10-root/usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so), but it's not
listed under %files, so RPM doesn't know what to do with it.  Since it's
a file that you want, the correct solution is to add it to your %files
section.

Josh Kelley