[Samba] RPM SPEC rebuild errors

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon Aug 15 12:35:13 GMT 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 06:54:30AM -0500, Lonnie wrote:
> Ian Clancy wrote:
>
> >Lonnie,
> >Had a similar problem to you. This should help
> >http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/unpackaged-files/
> >
> Hello Ian,
>
> In searching for a solution to this problem, I ran across this link as
> well, but am not really clear as to what it is saying for me to do.

   <snip/>
> RPM build errors:
>   Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
>  /usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so
>
> Do I modify the SPEC file?
>
> Also, is this saying that "/usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so" is missing as I
> think that I need that in order to run the MySQL passwd right?

As I read it, it says:

 /usr/lib/samba/pdb/mysql.so is allready on the computer available
 and that RPM will not overwrite it.

Something completely different:

Could the answer please go below the question?    ( Hi  JHT ;-)

And why are (basic?) RPM building questions posted to the samba
mailinglist?

Cheers
Geert Stappers