[Samba] Samba 3.0.14a and file captures larger than 2 GB problem

Ewan Grantham ewan.grantham at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 14:12:22 GMT 2005

Am using Samba 3.0.14a to serve up a Software RAID-5 array running on
embedded Linux (coLinux) to the windows side of my box. Have had no
troubles copying large files from Windows to the array. However, I
recently tried to capturing a DV from the camcorder direct to an
array. I tried a couple different programs capture programs, and even
went to the trouble of disk caching the drives under windows, and
still kept having a problem where right at 2GB, I'd get a "Delayed
Write Error" from Windows, and then that would be it. Once I stop the
capture, I can still read and write from the Samba share just fine. So
it's as if Samba stops listening after 2 gigs.

I've confirmed that my kernel (2.6.11 - Debian distribution) has CIFS
and SMB compiled in.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

TIA,
Ewan