[Samba] test [Solved]

Claude Jones claudedjones at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 03:56:10 GMT 2005

Mystery solved, though not very satisfactorily:
>From the Gmail website:
"Mail you send or forward to a mailing list you subscribe to, or to an
account that forwards messages to your Gmail account, will only appear
in 'Sent Mail.' This is intended to help prevent clutter in your
inbox. If a message isn't successfully delivered, you'll receive an
error message in your inbox"

In other words, send a message to a list via gmail, and it's 'smart'
enough to not route your own post back to your inbox when it's
returned by the list server - the ony record you have of your post is
in your 'sent' folder - uggggggggh - so much for archiving threads!
Gmane's search compounded my problem because my searches for posts in
the list archives on my name, yielded no hits, hence I believed my
posts weren't getting through. Again, sorry about the noise.