[Samba] [Fwd: Cant get linux workstations to logon using ADS domain credentials- suse 9.3]

john dooley gpcglist at ontheparkgp.com
Sat Aug 13 03:38:06 GMT 2005

Hi guys.  Im really really stuck.  I can't find a working config for
either Suse 9.3 (or Debian/Ubuntu)  workstations to login to the ADS
using kde and domain credentials (DOMAIN+user).  Im getting
Xsession:Login for domain+user is disabled errors in suse 9.3

Basically Im trying to use the Samba by example Abmas.london example
with ADS 2k3 server integration for domain member server but with client
(linux) workstations.  I cant get the clients to auth with the GUI
logons and I think its the pam.d/ configurations (as Im just guessing
what works) .

I can join workstations and a Debian member server to the AD 2k3 domain
okay (wbinfo getent etc all works , kinit Administrator and net ads join
work) as per the examples.

But I am _desperate_  for working pam.d/  configs for workstations using
either suse 9.3 or Debian sarge (or ubuntu hoary).  Im cycling through
distros trying to find one which works for me.

Please please please  someone post working pam.d directory files for
suse 9.3 client workstations and or  debian/ubuntu client workstations.

If this all falls over, the easiest solution will be just buying a bunch
of windows xp pro licences and Bills already wealthy enough... :(

Thanks in advance

JD