[Samba] Re: SuSE 9.3 + Samba 3 + LDAP

Horst Simon hsimon at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 13 03:34:07 GMT 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:55, Geoffrey Scott wrote:
> David Krider wrote:
> > * The IDEALX smbldap-useradd script example in their smb.conf file is
> > a little misleading. You'll need a `-a' to get it to add a
> > sambaSamAccount object-classed account.
>
> You need to use an "-a" when using the smbldap-tools scripts on the
> commandline, but there should be no such need within your smb.conf as samba
> takes care of samba attributes by itself.
>
> GS
I think this is my problem too, but using the -a option still did not add
sambaSamAccount. I am using smbldap tools 0.91. From previous messages I
found a patch for smbldap-useradd for version 0.91, after I applied the
patch, the sambaSAMAccount object class and information was added, but still
no luck. The next step is to add the computers into ou=Users and not into
ou=Computers as discussed in some other posts.

Regards,
Horst