[Samba] wbinfo -t not working on BDC

Ian Clancy clancyian at cel.ie
Fri Aug 12 17:22:25 GMT 2005

Ian Clancy wrote:

> Hi,
> I just can't seem to get winbind to work on my BDC. I'm using FC3 and
> samba 3.0.20rc2. My PDC is RHEL4 running Samba 3.0.14a. / Openldap.
> I can join the BDC to the domain successfully using "net rpc join..."
> , but when i enter wbinfo -t to check the trust relationship i get
>
> checking the trust secret via RPC calls failed
> error code was  (0x0)
> Could not check secret
>
> I placed a packet sniffer on the PDC to see what was happening and
> captured the folloing RPM_NETLOGON communication between the BDC and
> the PDC (see attached ethereal dump file). It appears to fail when the
> BDC looks for an account of the same name as the my domain -  CEL. The
> question is , Do i need to create a trust account for my own domain ?.
> thanks for reading :)
> Ian

Forgot to attach the file.
BTW, this is the log entry from my PDC.

[2005/08/12 18:18:48, 5] rpc_parse/parse_prs.c:prs_debug(82)
 get_md4pw: Workstation CEL$: no account in domain
[2005/08/12 18:18:48, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:get_md4pw(244)
         005c neg_flags: 400701ff

--
Ian Clancy
IT Systems Engineer