[Samba] Samba - XP performance problem

David Beck dbeck at beckground.hu
Fri Aug 12 10:00:19 GMT 2005

Ooops. I tried with copy from the cmd shell and made a few experiments
with that. You are right, it does not show the performance problem.

I used Total Commander for copying the files, so I looked into the
configuration options and found that it has some "way too smart" options
for copying files. It used small buffers to speedup the transfer of
small files (default option). If I set compatibility mode for the Samba
drive then it works fine.

Sorry for wasting your time and thank you for the tests you made. That
helped.

Best regards,
  David.

PS: TC: Crap software of a crap architecture.