[Samba] Cross-subnet browsing...AGAIN!!!

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Fri Aug 12 08:38:34 GMT 2005

This is not a question of seeing the other pc.
if the pc's dont have file/printer sharing installed
you wil NEVER see the other pc, bij network browsing.

Are you able to ping to the other pc, first by IP
then try it bij HOSTNAME

if hostname does not work, its a wins/dns problem.
i use dhcp3 + ddns (bind9) + samba with Be a wins server, in the smb.conf
config dns proxy = yes

Louis