[Samba] Samba 3.0.14a Not restoring connections - Help ??

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Thu Aug 11 21:09:54 GMT 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 04:20 pm, Todd Johnson wrote:
> When our users log off for the evening  and log back in in the
> morning they are having to re-enter the SMB password for the network
> shares they had saved when mapping them. In the past when the local
> username and password matched the smbpasswd file then all connections
> restored w/o a hitch. Its now not working.
>
> [global]
>         netbios name = woot
>         local master = yes
>         preferred master = no
>         workgroup = DNR
>         interfaces = 146.63.45.22
>         lock directory = /var/lock/samba
>         os level = 62
>         remote announce = 146.63.45..255
>         security = user
>         password level = 20
>         encrypt passwords = no
>         smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd

Not that it should  matter but I would be inclined to leave "preferred
master" out so it can default to auto.
Also would question the use of non-encrypted passwords.
Also "remote announce" seems unnecessary here (but I don't know your
subnet mask), you wouldn't need it if this is the same subnet that this
interface is on.